Bob The Mover: St Catharines Senior Moving Company
Time ages us all, there’s no shame in that. As your parents start to get into their senior years, it’s important to monitor how their living conditions are. Naturally, long staircases and gigantic houses are not much good for an older person to have to deal with daily. Eventually, a downsize makes practical sense. Whether moving to a smaller house, retirement community, or assisted living facility, it is important to make their transition quick and painless. Sometimes it can be difficult to convince your parents to move out of their home but delaying too long will just increase the amount of stress and work involved.
Two Months Before Moving
- Identify items to be sold or donated. The less you have, the easier it will be for a St Catharines Senior Moving Company to assist. Move these items out of the house before the move.
- Call reliable movers in St Catharines and start checking out quotes—get a free in-home quote from Bob the Mover here. After choosing your St Catharines moving company, book the date you wish to move. Keep in mind moving dates can fill up fast, we recommend having this done early.
- Get moving supplies. Boxes, packing materials, scissors, tape, anything.
- Make sure your documents are in order. Legal, financial, medical, whatever—get them in a secure location that either you or your parents can access.
One Month Before Moving
- Pack items you rarely use, including out-of-season clothing or holiday supplies.
- If your parents have pets, arrange where they will stay or be taken care of during the move.
- Cancel any outstanding insurance policies on your old house.
- Make any address change arrangements with the post office.
- Make sure you call your St Catharines moving company and update any item changes.
Two Weeks Before Moving
- Organize your utilities—cancel anything that can’t be transferred to the new home.
- Arrange any new utilities that need to be set up at the new home.
- Make sure your movers in St Catharines are on the same page with you.
One Week Before Moving
- Tell your friends, delivery services, banks, or other parties about the change of address.Prepare necessities to remain unpacked for the move.
- Prepare necessities to remain unpacked for the move.
- Finish packing. Movers in St Catharines may not accept open boxes or totes, so ensure everything is packed neatly.
- Prepare your payment for the movers in St Catharines.
- Be on-site to ensure the movers get everything into the right position.
- Keep valuables with yourself, such as jewellery or other things.
- Arrange somewhere for your parents to stay during the move if possible.
- Save receipts for tax reductions.
After the Move
- Tour the new home, let them know where everything is.
- Teach them how to work their new TV, internet, or phone setups.
- Drive around the area to let them know which stores and attractions are close to them.
- Double check if everything is in place whether it’s utilities or comfortability.
- If at a staffed location, ensure they know of any complications or requirements your parents have.
- Be ready for any problems your parents will run into for the next few months.