2. Pack essentials such as a toothbrush, change of clothes or toiletries in an overnight bag.
You’ll probably be tired at the end of the day and won’t want to unpack. Putting the most important items like clothes(if you need to work the next day) or your laptop will allow you to go to sleep without doing too much work.
4.To keep them extra safe, pack glass and stemware inside clean socks.
5. If possible, go to your new home prior to the move and clean up the bathroom and kitchen.
You’ll probably need a hot shower after a long day.
6. Label not only your box’s content, but what room will they go to.
This will let you unpack by room. It also makes the job a lot easier for a moving company in Niagara Falls Ontario.
7. Put an extra cotton pad in your powder cosmetics to protect them.
This is a good tip for any time.
8. Put plastic wrap on your toiletries and then put the tops back on
This will prevent leaks and other unwanted things.
9. Place your plates vertically to prevent breakage
11. Press’n seal also works for sealing jewelry displays.
12. Buy a roll of stretch wrap
It will protect all your furniture from being damaged. A moving company in Niagara Falls Ontario like Bob the Mover will provide this.
13. Use sandwich bags to collect small parts like screws
Imagine losing one from your TV stand or bed frame.
14. Use beer boxes for books
These boxes are great because they have handles. It will help you or a moving company in Niagara Falls Ontario a lot. Books are heavy!
15. Take a picture of your electronics to make sure you don’t forget how to connect them
16. Use your baskets, hampers, laundry bins or suitcases before boxes
Put the heaviest things in your suitcases with wheels.
17. Follow this picture for the fastest way to pack a closet!
It also keeps the hangers intact making unpacking quick as lightning.
18. Use a vacuum seal on out of season clothing
They’ll use less space and can be stored as soon as you get to your new house.
19. On top with food and drinks, give your friends first dibs on anything you were going to sell/donate.
If you’re using a moving company in Niagara Falls Ontario this won’t be necessary.
20. Make sure you have everything packed before your friends or a moving company in Niagara Falls Ontario show up.
Making people wait is never good.
22. You can number your boxes
It helps keep track of what you have, what you don’t. It also makes it easier to spot if something was stolen.
23. If you have many fragile things, hiring movers is better
Most movers have insurance, which means if something breaks, they will compensate you. Just make sure you’ve packed everything properly. Some moving companies won’t want to move an improperly packed TV and will want to re-pack it themselves. Make sure you book a moving company in Niagara Falls Ontario in advance!
24. Check for rules and fine print when hiring a moving company in Niagara Falls Ontario.
Some movers will only move boxes, no garbage bags for example. Clarity is key once again. Make sure you’re on the same page.
25. If renting, take pictures when moving out and moving into a new place.
Many landlords try to keep deposits, picture proof is an invaluable commodity.
26. Fill in holes from nails or screws with a bar of soap
27. If you’re moving across the country and don’t need your things immediately, you can ship via Greyhound.
It’s not as expensive as some alternatives for large items. Just make sure you pack items very well, they’re in for a bumpy ride.
28. Change your address two weeks before moving
For your bills it’s a must. Don’t forget any online things you have set up. Amazon, Paypal, Credit cards, or any other such things.
29. If you have items you don’t want to keep but are expensive, start selling online!
You may be surprised by the value of your items, perhaps it will cover the cost of moving the items you want to keep. Just keep in mind for things like etsy or ebay that it takes time to sell. Plan!
Having them pick it up will save you a trip to drop it off yourself. Time is money.
31. Don’t go grocery shopping in the final two weeks before a move
Moving food is annoying, and heavy, but mostly annoying. Having less food in your house means moving less food. You may find you have to throw some out if you have too much.
32. If your move is in the same city, consider a babysitter for your children or pets.
Kids and pets can get in the way in the strangest ways possible during a move. Having someone watch them can help reduce stress.
And There we Have it. 33 Tips From Bob The Mover. A Moving Company In Niagara Falls Ontario